As a result of completing this module, students will be able to:
- Assess proposed traits covered in chapter
- Research and analyze a leaders’s traits from chapter
- Discuss the traits Australian and Chinese employees value in leaders
- Evaluate their own leadership traits
Due Date Overview
|Work||Due Tuesday: 9/9||Due Friday: 9/12|
|Required Reading||Chapter 2 | Article||None|
|Learning Activities||Blog Post #2 | Google Presentation||Participation|
|Assignments||Resume | Starting thinking about Your Story||None|
- Casimir, G. & Waldman, D. A. (2007). A cross cultural comparison of the importance of leadership traits for effective low-level and high-level leaders: Australia and China. International Journal of Cross Cultural Management, 7, 47- 60. (you must access this by using your @myci.csuci.edu email address)
- Northouse, P. G. (2009). Introduction to leadership: Concepts and practice. Los Angeles: Sage Publications. Chapter 2
Due Tuesday, 9/9
- BLOG POST: Create a blog post titled “Blog Post #2 – Recognizing Your Traits″ and respond to the following questions (include each question before your answer).
- Which of the traits in listed in the text do you believe you possess and which do you think you should develop? How should you develop these? As you’re preparing your responses, consider if you agree or disagree with any of the traits or if perhaps you have traits that are not noted in the text but are necessary for successful leadership.
- GOOGLE PRESENTATION: (See bottom of page) Click on the collaborative presentation below and follow the instructions on the slide. To edit the presentation, click the “options” wheel on the bottom.
Due Friday 9/12
- Participation in Blog Post: Respond to at least one of your classmate’s blog post (a link will to all blogs will be posted here). Participating through blog post discussion allows you to foster discussion, debate, and inspire new thinking. When reading your colleague’s post, be mindful. Do you agree or disagree with their assessment of the reading/perspectives? Why? Is there something your colleague missed that would help inform his/her post? Do you have questions that are unanswered after reading their post? Have we/you read another article that offers different insight into the topic? If so, how would that author feel about your classmate’s post?
- Participation in Google Presentation: See Google Presentation for instructions.
- Resume draft due 9/12 – submit on CI Learn under Assignment Submission>Resume
- Start thinking about and working on the Your Story digital assignment — it’s due 9/16