- On a scale of 1-5 (5 being consistently), how consistent and timely were you with submitting your blog posts and learning activities in a timely manner?
Besides this blog post, I would rate myself a 4. I made sure to turn the majority of the work on time. The times I did not turn an assignment in on time was due to a misunderstanding of where to turn in an assignment. For instance, I would turn in something on CI learn, when instead, it was supposed to be turned in on google docs. But I always had the work completed when it was due.
- On a scale of 1-5 (5 being consistently), how consistent and timely were you with participation posts on your peer’s blogs, GooglePresentation Discussions and VoiceThread comments?
I would give myself a 5. I was consistent with providing peer feedback for all the assignments.
- Please describe what you think your strengths were with regard to blogging and participation.
I think my strengths were being conscious of due dates and trying to give my peers good analysis on peer feedback. I think another strength was providing detailed responses on the blog questions.
- Please describe how you think you could improve on your blogging and participation.
I could improve my participation by being even more responsive and applying myself more. Sometimes I would settle for the bare minimum with regards to sustaining and cultivating the “conversation” aspect of blogging. I could have done a better job of expanding upon peer comments.
- What were strengths of the course (optional)?
There were multiple strengths of the course. One of them is the technology that we used. Using technology to teach a course is rather new and innovative and It was exiting to be a part of an online class. It helped me to grow as a student. Another strength was the communication. I think the class did an excellent job of providing feedback to one another.
- What suggestions do you have for this class in the future (optional)?
One thing that I will suggest for the future is to clarify exactly where to submit homework/projects. As stated above, sometimes I was confused about where to submit projects whether it would be on CI learn, or on google docs, or both. Clarifying this would be of great help to the student.